Max Design recently held an CSS info night in Sydney. The talk outlined what CSS is, how it works and a brief history. For those that missed the talk, here are a range of relevant Max Design CSS resources:
- Listutorial – teaches the basics of building background image lists, rollover lists, nested lists and horizontal lists.
- Floatutorial – teaches the basics of floating elements such as images, drop caps, next and back buttons, image galleries, inline lists and multi-column layouts.
- Selectutorial – teaches the basics of selectors including the structure of rules, the document tree, types of selectors and their uses.
- Colored boxes – explains one method of building a full CSS layout from start to finish, based on positioning colored boxes and testing across a range of browsers.
CSS layout tutorials
- Liquid two column layout
- Two column layout with full height colours
- Three column layout with full height colours
- Three column liquid layout
- Two column, fixed width layout
- Inline elements and padding
- Styling abbreviations and acronyms
- Simple, accessible “more” links
- Building a page template in CSS – a step by step tutorial
- Basic webstandards Workshop
- Changing page appearance using body id
- Definition lists – misused or misunderstood?
- Floated items inside containers
- Two columns with colour